Monday, December 2, 2013

Dia de Pavo (Turkey Day)


First off THANK YOU for all my warm clothing you sent me this week!!!! That was a blessing but now its warm haha                                                           
Thanksgiving was good some members in the branch made us food which was nice :] We had a family that we've been teaching come to the dinner! It was awesome. I love them a lot, especially C shes 9 and loves giving hugs and doing hand shakes haha. Okay I have a sad story.  So during thanskgiving the turkey they had was HUGE and one (who barely knows english) said, "look they made an ostradge" (while pointing to the turkey haha cause it was so big). Then I responded back, "No es pollo" meaning "No thats chicken"....the two hsipanic guys I was with started laughing so hard!!! Then I realized what I said and said "Ahh no es pavo!" "Ohh no its turkey" Hahaha it was so embarressing!!! I mean both chicken and turkey are birds so they could at least give me THAT credit. But when I see them now they ask, "Hey Hermana how did you like the chicken?" Haha they won't let it go.
Elders photo bombing   ~   Love this family
Oh a big miracle this week was we had 3 people at church!!!! A family in the branch took 3 of our investigators. for the past 2 weeks now i've been sitting with all these younger girls which is sooo fun but wow they are fun haha. By the end of sacrament I had atleast 8 notes saying how much they loved me, how pretty I was, and how we were best friends haha. I felt so loved Brazos Branch has a big part of my heart, when I see everyone it feels like home.
Visiting 1st area with my 1st comp!
This past week we've been able to teach a pretty good amount of people! This week I got to go back to my first area in MoCity for a day and be with Hermana K my first companion in the field! It was a lot of fun we got to see people I taught AND visit a member J L who was less active but we helped reactivate him and now hes leaving on his mission!!! He was so happy and shocked to see me. It was awesome seeing how much we helped him come back to church and now he's leaving on a mission!
J is going on a mission!
Weird that I already hit my 9 month mark!!! As dad said, "Now its all down hill form here" haha. i dont want it to go by fast!!!
Something I really loved hearing about during church was obedience. The teacher explained how as children, when we are learning to swim and dad tells us, "Come on! Trust me!"  We hesitate but trust that he will catch us and so we jump! Its the same with our heavenly father. At moment in life we are scared and not sure if we can make it. But our Heavenly Fathe ris always extending his loving arms and saying, "Come on! Trust me!" I know as we are obedient to Him and follow all his council and commandments he gives to us, we will be blessed.
Making cookies with Hermana R & my comapnion Hermana C
One quote I loved this week that I want to share with you, "God knows better than you what you need. He attemps to speak to you. Listen, and follow the uncomfortable suggestions that he makes to us. Everything will fall int its place. The pain of sacrifice lasts only one moment. It is the fear of the pain of sacrifice that makes you hesitate to do it. When you are compelled to give up something or when things rhat are dear to you are withdrawn from you, know that this is your lesson to be bealrned right now. But know also that as youa re learning this lesson, God wants to give you somehting better"
Love this fam!  Wear our bike helmets.
sorry this letter is short! know i love you so much and wish you all the best ---Hermana Ashley jaeger 

No comments: