Monday, May 19, 2014

Blessing From On High

All the Hermanas in our Mission.  Houston Texas Temple Day 
(Thanks to Hermana W's mom for the pic)
Last year we as a mission worked very hard bringing souls unto Christ. Because of how hard we worked our mission president and wife celebrated our success by taking the whole mission to the temple. Wow it was an incredible experience that I will cherish through out my life. Because our mission is so big they made groups of 4 and had each of us go on different days of the week. All the Hermanas went and did a session at the same time. And the temple president (president Crane) did the session! I was actually the first one to go into the celestial room and there was Sister Ashton the temple presidents wife waiting to great all the missionaries into the room :] after the session they took us to a room where our mission president AND temple president spoke to us and answered questions for us while we were in the temple. I had an amazing experience while there that I want to share with you. Here is one paragraph of what I wrote to my mission president,

" Wow I learned so much but I feel impressed to share one specific experience that I had that opened my eyes. Before the session started I opened up the bible and started reading in Matthew 20:8 and this phrase stuck out to me, "Call the labourers, and give them their hire". For some reason this phrase wouldn't leave my mind so I made a mental note to remember where this scripture was and look it up during a personal study. Then after the session while you were speaking you read the scripture D&C 31:5 which reads, "Therefore, thrust in your sickle with all your soul, and your sins are forgiven you, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your back, for the laborer is worthy of his hire. Wherefore, your family shall live". When I heard you share this scripture wow I had a reconfirmation that I do have a father in heaven who knows me and leads me through out my life and in what i do. Many times in my life I do not notice his hands guiding me with where to go or what to read but from that experience in the temple I know, without a doubt that there is a God. And he is my father. I went home and for the past few days have been striving to study these scriptures to understand what my father in heaven is trying to tell me."

With one of our investigators she wants to wait another 2-3 months until she is baptized. When I heard this it broke my heart, I know I was sent here to the area to help her and to hear she wants to wait longer after all the studies and prayers and fasts ive done for her it was hard to hear. But I know that as for me as a missionary I have done all I should and could to help her. She is an amazing person and has no doubts.,

And to the men of the world who have the priesthood I repeat the words of our prophet Thomas s monson, "Live worthy of it!" Remember, your actions do not just effect you, they effect SO MANY PEOPLE!!!!! We are blessed and protected when we live gods commantments, when we dont we become miserable, wether today, in a couple years, maybe not until heaven. WE must keep all the commandments of God to be happy and to return to him. I know this is the true gospel of jesus christ. I know he lives. This is his church. 

No comments: