Monday, April 28, 2014

Consider the Lillies‏

I remember a couple years ago while we were watching conference at home, the mo tab came on and sang "consider the lillies". I remember how touched I was to hear the sweet words of this song and from then on I desired to know the meaning of the scripture. In 3 nephi the savior brings this phrase up to the nephites, "consider the lillies, how they grow, how they toil not nor do they spin". The savior goes on to say "if god so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith. ..for your heavenly father knoweth that ye have need of all these things" (3 nephi 13:28-33).
Ran into a EFY friend in the
hall from 7 years ago!



This past week which all the transfers and at our transfer meeting Pres said they were closing down parts of our mission because they didn't have enough missionaries coming in to fill those that are leaving. So some got switched to english speaking.  I am still spanish.  Getting a new companion we realized we didnt have much food. We seriously only had cereal, milk, and bread and some cheese and ham. I felt so bad for my new comp and I barely had any other money to go buy fast food cause its too expensive. So I prayed really simply to God that he would provide food for us. After that prayer we were fed twice that day and the next days after. I know with all my heart the Lord takes care of his servants. I am so grateful for him and the faith I have in him to see many miracles in the lives of others and in my own life.




Okay now onto the crazy week I've had haha. So my comp and I know drive the mission van, we are now in charge of picking up 5 other hermanas for church and other meetings. Just to pick them all up and drop off takes 3 hours out of our day. For transfers we were squished into the van with A TON of luggage and everyone was talking. of course im the one driving cause we have the car and all the sisters are new. I was pretty nervous that at one point I started driving away as one of the hermanas was trying to get into the van!!! HAhaha that night I had a dream that I was driving the van full of little children and I was telling them to calm down. 

My new companion is Hna B from NY. her parents are from mexico so she is the bomb at spanish because its her first language. sometimes we will start speaking english then switch to spanish and it takes me a second to keep up haha but i love her and we get along really well:] The past sunday I hit my 1 year and 2 month mark. Its weird to think i have a little less than 4 months left, kind of weird but I'm okay with it. It gives me a bitter sweet feeling. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love Hna Jaeger
P.S. CONGRATS to my brother AUSTIN in Chile on your baptism!!! I am so extremely happy for you :] you look so happy and nice.

No comments: