Monday, November 11, 2013

New Companion & Baptism!!

Off to our apartment with my new companion Sister C!  :)
This week I got my new companion, Sister C! She has 5 months left of her mission. She is such a sweet missionary and I have learned so much from her in just this past week. she is a sister training leader which is like a leader of a couple girls in the mission, for her shes over about 6 different sister companionships. i could not imagine doing missionary work AND taking care of missionaries haha, 

The work here in B is slowish :[ but i have the faith that it'll build up pretty quickly. Oh I have a funny story to tell before I forget! The other night we were talking on the phone to someone in Spanish when all of a sudden this car stops by us and a younger looking guy sticks himself out the window and says Hola in a flirty way then drives off. My comp and I were laughing so hard I felt so bad for the person who was on the other side of that phone call. 

We've strived to talk to EVERYONE that comes into our paths. We've talked to like 70% of them. One guy was awesome he was hanging outside a laundry mat and as we passed he waved. I felt like we needed to talk to him so we turned back around and went to talk to him. He was interested in our message and gave us his info :]  One guy was drunk and started crying, another lady was so interested in our message until we brought out The Book of Mormon and shut us down. But i know God knows we are trying our best to talk to all of his children and soon enough we will find those who are ready to be baptized.

Okay I would like to share one of my favorite scriptures to help bring in the spirit to this email. this week Ive been studying about Jesus Christ. i want to invite you (mom dad Garrett Blake AND Taylor) to meet together and have an FHE about the atonement of Jesus Christ. In Luke 22 verses 39-44 explain the atonement so vividly for me. Please read these verses toge her as a family. Then I want to invite you to write a letter to a friend who is struggling or going through a hard time in life. Help them understand that Christ has felt their pain and he can help!!! Then fold that letter and put in in your scriptures. Keep it for you and when you have a hard day. read it. please never be afraid to talk about the church with anyone. its Christs church and he wants all his children to know about it. take the challenge from Elder Ballard and pray to know who you can invite to come to your home and take the lessons from the missionaries. God knows which one of your friends needs this. 

I love you all with all my heart. I know this is not my mission but the Lords mission. Weird to think this month I hit my half way mark. Its going by too fast. OHHHH also I had a baptism in my first area M C!  his wife has always been a member and finally he was baptized!!! I spoke on the topic baptism at his baptism and couldn't help but cry. Now he is a member and in a year him and his wife will be sealed in the temple!!! His wife kept telling us we were angles. I remember the first few weeks Hermana M told us hermanas that we were going to help baptize her husband. Oh my heart is so full of joy!!! :)
A joyful day!!!  :)
I love The words of my savior Jesus Christ have always given me comfort, "Whoso receiveth you, there will I be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and your left, and my Spirit shall be in your heart, and mine angels round about you to bear you up". i love you all than you for everything!!!

No comments: