Monday, November 4, 2013

Booming Week!

Mi Familia :]
Wow this week has been a miracle. We had to combine our bike area with the other sister area in out district because hermana s companion left to Argentina. So we were in a tri companionship and it was AMAZING!!! We never had down time, we were always teaching! I've never had so much work and so much fun ever since I've came out on my mission! All I can say is how grateful I am to the Lord for sending me here to B, TX. The branch needs a lot of help. But in our district this past transfer we've been able to see a lot of miracles because we have been so united and unified and a district. Also on a personal note I've have seen the blessings of paying a full tithe. After I sent that letter in I've been able to see many miracles here as well as see dad have enough work to support the family and 3 kids on a mission. 

An investigators who's mother passed away a week ago. Her mom found out she had cancer a little after Y met the missionaries which was about 5 weeks ago. We went over to her house that night and had an amazing lesson on the Jesus Christ and the power of the Atonement. We were able to share a few scriptures to help give her comfort. We also gave her the picture of Christ walking out of the tomb. We explained that because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ all those who live on this earth will be resurrected. We promised her that someday she'd be able to see her mother again and all other family members who've passed on. She put the picture of Christ in a place that she could always look at it. We also pointed out how God put the missionaries in her path just a month ago for a reason. It wasn't by chance she's been taking the lessons right before her mother passed.

A has a date for Nov 16. He is so prepared and ready. He has no doubts. He's a golden investigator.

M the mother of two daughters in the branch finally accepted a date for December 14! We taught her 3 nephi 11 and focused on baptism. The spirit was so strong the whole time and she expressed her feelings that she knew The Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. She loves this church.  Isabel and her kids are wonderful and we have FINALLY been able to meet her husband! Weren't able to teach him yet but we have an appointment with the whole family this week. They were able to meet some members in the ward who live on the same street. The same member family is coming with us to the next lesson.  Also were able to meet and teach M a friend who lives at their house!!! He was sad he couldn't come to church this Sunday cause of work but promised to come this next Sunday! hes excited to read The Book of Mormon and help the family, especially the kids, go to church.

We were able to teach 26 lessons this week! It was a miracle because normally we get MAYBE 14 or less. I know I will be helping SO MANY people to be baptized by the end of this year. I know I need to help 6 more people to be baptized this year, by the end of December. I pray and have faith this is possible. thank you for all your support and love!!! Hwo grateful I am for my savior Jesus Christ. He is my everything.
-Hrmana Ashley Jaeger

No comments: