Monday, September 23, 2013

He Knows Better Then I

Photo of Brazos District!
We saw the amazing miracle of having 4 people attend church this sunday!! How grateful I am for the lords help and guidance in this work! We visited I.  Shes is a special person.  Also I found out hermana oneill and i are staying here for another transfer YAY! We love this area. We had a really good week this week, were able to teach a lot of people and attend some branch and ward activities where we were able to meet new investigators! i know this work will not move forward without the help of the members.

this weeks email is going to be a little different. its more about what I've learned then a focus on a specific investigator but i feel impressed to share with you the knowlegde I've received this week. I'd like to share a scripture in the book of Alma that I've been able to relate to while I've been out on my mission.

"Yea, O God, thou hast been merciful unto me, and heard my cries in the midst of thy congregations... Yea, and thou hast also heard me when I have been cast out and have been despised by mine enemies; yea, thou didst hear my cries" (alma 33:9-10)
I know my Heavenly Father hears my prayers. I feel an urgency to talk with my Father in Heaven everyday. Without his help and his guidance I could not do this work. I want you to always remember how merciful our Heavenly Father and His son is. This past week I've been studying a lot about Repentance. 


Me & my Companion
Never in my life before have I feared so much for the salvation of a lost soul. I worry for those who do not feel godly sorrow for what they have done they will not be saved. But in my studies today about repentance I found hope. To repent we need to change our thoughts, beliefs, and actions. We need to feel SORROWFUL for what we have done, pray and ask forgivness, and strive to not repeat the same sin. Results from repentace is that we feel Gods forgiveness in our lives, guilt and sorrow are taken away, we feel the influence of the spirit in greater abundance, and when the day comes when we pass through this life we will be more prepared to live with our Father and His Son. In Helaman 5:10-11 It explains that the Lord, our Savior Jesus Christ, came to earth to redeem his people FROM their sins, not IN their sins. And christ has power from his Father to redeem his people from their sins BECAUSE OF REPENTACE. the scritpure goes onto say, "Therefore, he hath sent his angels to declare the tidings of the conditions of repentance, which bringith unto the power of the Redeemer, unto the slavation of their souls". God has sent his angels, his missionaries and more specifically Hermana O'Neill and I to declare repentance unto everyone living in Rosenburg. What great urgency I feel to cry repentace unto anyone and everyone I come in contact with.

I know the savior rejoices in the souls who repent (D&C 18:10-13). I know if we do not repent of our sins we cannot enter into the kingdom of God. I love the parable found in Luke 15 of the lost sheep. That what man having 100 sheep and if one of them is lost doeth not leave the 99 and go after the lost one until he finds it? And when he finds the lost sheep, he puts it onto his shoulders, rejoicing! And calling together all his friends and neighbors saying "Rejoice with me! for I have found my sheep which was lost" "I say unto you that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repentath, more than over the 99 just persons, which need no repentance" (Luke 15:3-7). I know the savior is our Shephard, el gran pastor. He is calling each of us to come unto his fold. Hes asking all of us to go out and find the lost one! To give them rest, peace, and eternal happiness.

It is of great importance, wether you have a missioanry nametag or not, for all of use to preach the gospel. "And now, behold, I say unto you that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto the people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen."


I know this gospel is true. I charish the time I have right now to be a missionary. The work is hard but oh so worth it. I love being in the service of my God. I know he watches over and protects all those who trust in Him.  

Love- Hermana Ashley Jaeger

No comments: