Monday, July 21, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude








last pday i forgot my nametag at home :[ during the day we were STARVING so we decided to eat at jimmy johns. i parked by this SUPER raised truck that had fatty tires. i noticed i parked kind of clsoe to the truck so I scooted through. Bad idea...I got nasty black grease all over my skirt just before going to eat. THEN as we walk outside after eating I notice I spilt some sauce on my shirt hahaha i was trying to look like a representative of christ but it wasnt workin for me that day. probably why my nametag got left at home haha God knew.





This week I came across a story about a mormon pioneer. His story of what he suffered through to get to salt lake touched my heart. And through all he went through he expressed his gratitude for his trials. for during that trial of  trecking to the salt lake valley in the blistering snow is where he said, "I came to know God". I felt impressed last week to start working on being more grateful in life. for as I look back through the 22 years of my life I realize that I have come to know my Father in Heaven more during my trials. How incredibly grateful I am, first and foremost, for my parents and ancestors, for because of their righteous actions and choices I am here today. Because of you and them I want to be a good person. Because of my Savior I want to be like him. 

As I was reading last weeks email from my brother Elder Jaeger I really like what he was talking about sitting in a battlefield. Haha I feel like I'm there too, and Im sure we can all relate to that one way or another. Life wasn't meant to be easy though, we weren't sent here to dance merrily through the flowers and live in innocence. We came here to be tried and tested. But why? The answer to this goes ALL the way back to our first ancestors/parents on earth "After (God) had created our first parents...it must needs be that there was an opposition; even the forbidden fruit in opposition to the tree of life; the one being sweet and the other bitter. Wherefore, the Lord God gave unto man that he should act for himself. Wherefore man could not act for himself save it should be that he was enticed by the one or the other" (2 nephi 2:15-16). 

We could not act for ourselves unless we had two choices, the good and the bad. THATS why we needed to come to earth :] to try and test our agency. God hopes that all his children will return back home to him. That is why he sent his son Christ, so that through him we may be forgiven. But we must do our part to receive this grace and mercy. How grateful I am for my heavenly fathers love! Even with our imperfections He loves us! He does not expect us to become perfect here on earth, but he does expect us to try. How grateful I am for this moment in life to help others come unto Christ. 

I love you all so much :]
love-Hna Jaeger

No comments: